Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Work and the Celtics

I want to start off this blog by talking about the place I spend 75% of my waking hours; work. First of all, there is really not enough time in the day. It's funny because in college I was always looking for activities to fill up my time. Now that I work, I find myself squeezing in all these activities, or not doing them at all. In a perfect world I'd play basketball, read a Michael Connely or John Grisham novel, write in my journal, blog, take a walk, and watch sports in my recliner after work. In reality I only have time to do half of that. The solution to this is of course shortening the work day, maybe 9-3 or even 8-3. When you think about it, it is scary how much people work in America. I only work 40 hours a week and a lot of people I know work even more than that. I feel like with a shorter week would come more productivity, but it will never happen. Today at work was one of those times when I wondered why I got an education. Overall I really like my job and I am thankful to have a job in this economic climate. But inputting email addresses into an Excel spreadsheet for 8 hours straight almost killed me. I swear I am going to get carpel tunnel in about 3 weeks. That is the working world though, sometime you have days where you are really productive and busy, some days you wonder if a 3rd grader could do your job just as easily. I would be curious for any readers to comment on some of their work stories(hint, hint). My favorite movie growing up was Office Space and I appreciate that movie even more after working in an office environment for a year and a half. The reports I do at work are very similar to typing up TPS reports. I think it's not really what the job is, but who you work with that determines your work experience.

Now on to the sports section of this blog. I really need to figure out who my target audience is so I can decide whether to start a separate blog or not By target audience, I mean people other then my mom, dad, and close friends. Again, any feedback or comments about this would be great. I'm watching the Celtics right now, but it doesn't even look like the same team. They are missing 5 people including Rondo and Garnett so some of the young players like Bill Walker and J.R Giddens are getting some good experience. I always liked Bill Walker at Kansas State and am glad he is getting some playing time. I never understood why the Celtics took J.R Giddens instead of Mario Chalmers in the draft. Probably still recovering from the after championship party. Stephon Marbury is clearly very rusty right now, but I think Rondo being injured could be the perfect way for him to get more accustomed to the Celtics offense, and get some confidence in his shot. Basketball is all about confidence. If you don't believe you are going to make a shot you won't hit it(thanks Captain Obvious). I have kind of lost hope that the Celtics will get home court, but I think they can win on the road this year. Overall the Celtics are better than last year but so are the Cavs and Lakers. This years playoffs will be one of the best in recent memory. One more thing, Dwayne Wade needs to be in the running for MVP. In fact, I think it should really be a two person race at this point, between him and Lebron. It seems like every night he is hitting a game winner, hopefully not tonight though.

Thanks for reading another rant of mine. I have so many thoughts going on in my head all the time, sometimes it is hard to put them down in coherent fashion. I would appreciate any feedback on what you think of the blog, or if you like the idea of combining sports and non-sports into one. I'm trying to figure out a way to appeal to people that don't know me. I'm still trying to find my niche but I am loving the blogging world! Time to watch the second half of the Celts game and maybe get to some laundry. Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment