Monday, October 19, 2009

Darth Snyder



The Redskins are a lot like the 1999-2001 Rams, except exactly the opposite.  I don't know if I've ever seen an offense this bad. I've certainly never seen an offense with so many playmakers play this terribly.  They are a joke of a team and should be embarrassed.  There are very few fan bases more loyal than Redskins fans, but that loyalty is being pushed to the brink right now. Skins fans are getting used and taken advantage of by Darth Snyder. 

Jim Zorn was over his head from the get go, and should have never been hired.  You don't hire a substitute 4th grade math teacher to teach Advanced Chemistry at Harvard do you? That would be silly, but is in essence what is happening here.  The rule of thumb in football is never hire a person that has never been a coordinator before. Good things rarely happen.

This isn't Zorn's fault.  If you are asked to be the head coach of the Redskins you do it, especially if you were a quarterback coach before.  This isn't Jason Campbell's fault.  Jason Campbell is a drop back passer that is not a fit for the West Coast offense.  He has a banged up offensive line and is too slow with his decision making for the quick decisions quarterbacks in that system have to make.

Also, why you spend $100 million in the offseason for a defensive tackle when your defense was already top 5 the year before is beyond me.  Why not get two offensive lineman and a receiver instead? Do your homework for god sakes! Haynesworth is a great player but has always had injury problems and plays half the snaps. The Skins defense looks pretty good this year, but it doesn' matter how good they are if they can't score a touchdown against the Chiefs. 

Thankfully I still have my Patriots.  The 59-0 thrashing of the Titans yesterday was exactly what the doctor ordered.  Look, I'm not going to say Brady is back, because honestly I don't think I've ever seen so many wide open receivers in my life. However, I'm starting to get really excited about this team.  The defense looks as good as ever, the running game is solid, and Brady to Moss is back. 

Now that the Redskins season is over, let's talk about the juggernaut that is the Saints.  I like this Saints team a lot, and think they are clearly the class of the NFC after their whupping of the Giants yesterday.  Drew Brees is the real deal.  I think what this team is doing for the city of New Orleans is great.  The fact that he is doing all this without any big name receivers makes it even more amazing.  Here is hoping the Saints continue their torrid streak.

One other note on the Redskins. I love kayaking and often pass by Dan Snyder's massive mansion on my way to the C&O Canal.  For those of you who don't know, he had hundreds of trees cut down illegally, so he could have a view of the water, and got in a ton of trouble with the federal government.  So, not only does this guy not care about the Redskins, he doesn't care about nature! I say run this guy out of town ASAP.

Thanks for reading everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment