Monday, May 11, 2009

Big Baby!

What a day for Boston Sports! The Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox won, two of the wins being seasons saving victories. I'm going to focus on of course my beloved Celtics. The thing I love most about this Celtics team is that there seems to be a different person that steps up every night. Sure the team as a whole has been wildly inconsistent, especially on the defensive end, but it sure has been a hell of a ride. Game 3 was really hard to watch for me. The Celtics played mostly uninspired basketball and Pierce and Allen continued to struggle with their jump shots. Eddie House continued his torrid shooting but did not play enough in my opinion.

In Game 4 I expected a better effort by the Celtics and they didn't disappoint. Pierce played by far his best game of the playoffs, Perkins and Rondo continued to be solid, and Big Baby Davis hit the game winning jumper. Let's talk about that last play. What a clutch shot by someone no one in the building expected to get the ball. Past history suggests that Pierce would've tried forcing a shot instead of passing out of the double team. Thankfully he made the smart choice. That is my one knock on Pierce. A lot of times he feels like he always has to take the last shot even when someone else is playing better that day, or someone else has a better shot. That was the biggest shot of the season for the Celtics. If Davis misses, their season is essentially over but now the pressure is back on the Magic. That's the crazy thing about basketball, an inch or a bad bounce can determine a season.
I still expect the Celtics to win in 7, but hope they can close it out in 6.

I wanted to quickly mention this whole Manny Ramirez ordeal. First of all, just another black mark on the sport of baseball. You have two of the best players in the game tied to steroids. The thing about Manny is that he really didn't need to take it because he is so naturally gifted. I thought the only substance abuse he would be doing would be marijuana. I'm already tired of the constant media attention this is getting. It's just another example of overexposure in the media. Unfortunately, I think this will only get worse in the future. I just hope it doesn't come out that Manny used during the 2004 World Series title run for the Red Sox. I think the city of Boston would literally crumble if that came out.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great mothers day. Let me know if there are any topics you would like me to comment on in the future. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment